"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Crazy Aunt Mandy

Last week I had the privilege of hanging out with Tessa & Payson.  Sasha & Tessa got hair cuts, we had a sleep over and played outside a lot.  Today is Tessa’s 2nd birthday (she shares this awesome day with her Uncle Drew).  Her party was Sunday, but because I was covered in bug spray and camping I didn’t make it.  We celebrated while she was here last week. 

IMG_2210

IMG_2220

IMG_2215

IMG_2255

IMG_2264

IMG_2262

IMG_2266

IMG_2283

IMG_2290

IMG_2219

IMG_2275

Why did we play outside so much?  Aside from the fact that it was beautiful out there, it was because it took about 2.5 seconds to change my house from clean and organized to this…

IMG_2291

Wow!  How quickly my house became so much less than child proof! 

I should also take this time to say how much I love being an aunt.  You know why?  Your children terrify me.  Everyone’s children.  Children in general.  They terrify me.  Kids are the most enormous responsibility ever.  Ever.  I was a mommy for 11 years.  I faced those normal kids things and so many more.  Now that is over and my girls are whole.  I do not need to worry for them or make responsible decisions for their lives and wellbeing.  All these other kiddos are still in the race.  They are growing and learning and have needs.  Their parents have endless decisions to make about how to raise them.  That’s terrifying.  Crazy Aunt Mandy (or Meanie, as Tessa calls me) just gets to have fun.  I get to have short periods of responsibility for these little lives and then send them home!  In a couple of weeks I get to hang with Braeden for a few days.  A week after that I get to hang with JR for a few days.  I look forward to those times and then I will look forward to sending them back home!  I do need to figure a time to get my hands on Kayla for a while, especially since that girl will be 8 in a few days!  These kids just keep growing!!  I’m happy to be Aunt Mandy. 

No comments: