"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Friday, May 9, 2014

Here I Am

It’s been a while.  My apologies.  I’ve been pretty busy.  Good busy.  What have I been doing in the last week? 

Drew & I got our eyes check and Drew got his first set of contacts.  He also got new glasses.  Really, how hot is he?!

IMG_2180

My new glasses should be here soon.  I also got a supplement to help with my dry eyes and I’m trying out daily contact lenses to see if I can tolerate those.  I’m hoping to have LASIK next year, but the doc said I need to get my dry eyes under control first. 

I played in the sandbox with little JR. 

IMG_2181 

I visited Christin and we went to a yoga class together.  I really loved it and you can expect that I will be finding a video and making Drew go all yoga with me. 

I’ve done LOTS of yard work!  I was having a hard time knowing what to do in my front flower beds before I discovered cottage gardens.  They are the gardens where you plant what you love.  You don’t measure out spacing and stress over what ‘goes’, you just plant what you love.  Hey!  That’s sort of my life in a nutshell!  I jumped on board with that philosophy and embraced the process.  I really wanted to plant mainly perennials so that they will return year after year and fill in the flower beds with loveliness.  I hit the jackpot at Lowe’s when I discovered the clearance shelves in the gardening section.  When plants start to look a tiny bit less than perfect, they mark them down drastically.  So, I loaded up, saved more than 50%, dead headed where needed and went to work planting.  Here is part of my thrifty shopping. 

IMG_2184

Seriously y’all, how adorable is my house? 

IMG_2188

IMG_2189

IMG_2193

IMG_2194

I’ve been having such a great time in the yard.  Check out my new manicure… the most important details of this look are swollen fingers, short stubby nails and lots of dirt. 

IMG_2186

That’s quite a change from my pretty finger nails just a month ago. 

IMG_2037

I like the dirt look better. 

Yesterday I took Grandpa to his doctor appointment and to run errands.  We sat in the waiting room FOREVER (well, it felt like it) so I had no choice but to take a selfie with Grandpa. 

IMG_2195

I’m so grateful to have the time and ability to help Grandpa with these things and be there for him. 

Drew has been in Canada all week, but he will be home today. That’s a brief recap and now that that is out of the way, I’m sure I’ll have more exciting and sassy things to say in my next post. 

No comments: