"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Monday, June 2, 2014

Garden

Last week, before I took my Grandpa on our weekly Wal-mart shopping trip, I drove him by our house to see all gardening efforts.  He later told me that I should take pictures of my gardens since they look so pretty.  I’ve obliged. 

A few weeks ago my sweet neighbor shared her hostas and day lilies with me.  Hers were so large that they needed to be divided and she’s been cheering me along in my yard work efforts. 

IMG_2311

IMG_2313

IMG_2315

IMG_2322

I think they have filled in my flower beds nicely. 

The tiger lilies that Alex and I planted two years ago have bloomed beautifully in the last week. 

IMG_2316

IMG_2318 

I have read a bit about how to care for the roses and I’ve learned two things:

1) I do not have the patience or desire to be that meticulous. 

2) I CAN do a few basic thing to make them healthier and beautiful. 

IMG_2323

My vegetable garden is growing like crazy!  I’m so excited! 

IMG_2324

Look at the blooms!  I’ll have squash soon! 

IMG_2325

Yard work has pretty well been my only exercise for the last two months.  I really have found a love for being outside and consequently abandoned the gym.  Today I went back to the gym and boy do I feel good!  I can’t mow the yard everyday and if I plant too many more flowers then there won’t be a yard to mow!

No comments: