"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pictures

Thought I would share some photos...

This weekend we went canoeing with Drew's family on the Illinois River.  It was quite an adventure!


This picture is blurry, but I think that maybe I have some small biceps showing.  Let's just pretend that I do, since the group picture so clearly shows my lack of leg muscle :-)

My garden is exploding and overflowing!
Please excuse my over grown yard.  All this rain has it growing like crazy.  

Can you see all the tomatoes?  I'm anxious for them to start turning red!
See the squash?  I have about a million of them.  Well, I probably only have 10 or 12 that size or bigger, but that's still a lot :)  
I've been having a grand time making zucchini dishes.  Drew and I both love it sliced like fries, sprayed with olive oil, sprinkled with pepper and sea salt and baked at 350 for about 20 minutes, but I think I shared that already.  Didn't I?  Last week I made a banana zucchini bread and it was very good.  Tonight I used Cheryl's recipe for pineapple zucchini bread and made muffins.  YUMMY!  
Drew said he only wanted the muffin tops, but I'm pretty sure he was just trying to get a rise out of me.  I didn't work and, for the record, he ate more than one.  

I thought this was too funny to not share.  The idea pretty much applies to everything in life, but these particular photos are of Drew's bathroom drawer versus mine.  
Yeah, he's the organizer.  I'm the "dig through it until you find what you need" girl.  The best part of my method is that I often find things I forgot I had.  The best part about Drew's method is that he can actually find what he's looking for.  

The dogs are so funny.  They lay at the door like this and watch for Drew to get home each evening. 0 I don't know how they know when it is time to expect him, but they do.  
Okay, that's all I've got for now.  I'll probably have more pictures of veggies and food to share soon!  0













1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your muffins look amazing! I wish I had Drew's organizational skills. :)