"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, July 5, 2014

4th


It's been a busy few days.  Good busy, but busy.  
I went to Casey & Sasha's on Thursday afternoon and stayed with the kids all night while Casey & Sasha worked.  Payson has suddenly turned from a baby that didn't do much to a little boy who is everywhere!  Tessa is as sassy as ever, but she sure does love her Meany.  
I left Friday morning and headed to Fayetteville where I met Drew at his sister's house for lunch and swimming.  Lunch was yummy, but when we went to the pool we found that it was closed for the day. Weird, right?  So we didn't get to swim, but it was nice to visit a while with Jessica, Jason and JR.  
We headed home for a while, because Aunt Mandy needed a nap to recover from the day before! 
Rested and ready to go, we headed to Kyle & Misty's for a BBQ and fireworks.  Too much fun!
I love their new place so much.  It's just really wonderful.  As much as I love it, I need to clarify to them that I'm not really going to buy a house down the hill or talk them out of an acre of their land to build my own house.  We all love each other, but a certain amount of distace is necessary so that we will all still love to see each other now and then!  My honest plan is just to visit often and perhaps invite myself over to go sledding when it snows this winter.  
We returend home about 11:30 and immediately noticed that Mac was gone.  Drew quickly found the spot in the fence where he had actually stretched the chain link to squeeze out.  It's not uncommon for him to escape, but it is very uncommon that he would venture out of the immediate area.  His usualy goal for escaping the back yard (which Drew has pretty well made inescapable) is to come to the front door and scratch to be let in.  We searched the back yard again and then drove the nearby streets looking for him.  Nothing.  We stayed up for a while, with the front door open, in the hopes that he would show up.  I passed out before 1am,  but Drew stayed up half the night.  I woke up this morning and immediately went looking for him.  I drove through apartments and neighborhoods and talked to every neighbor that I found outside.  Nothing.  Drew got up, we did it again.  Nothing.  We just couldn't imagine that he would have made it far, considering what a big baby he is.  We made a few flyers to hang in nearby neighborhoods, visited the animal shelter and I posted on Facebook in the hopes that on of my Siloam friends would spread the word.   Everyone was very kind, but nobody had Mac.  We didn't know what else to do.  Then, just after 1pm, a neighbor showed up at the door with him.  Another neighbor down the street found him last night, filthy from his adventure and a dip in a nearby pond.  They took him in, bathed and brushed him and kept him inside all night to keep him from getting hurt.  (He just didn't take well to all the firework noise and went a little crazy, I guess.)  I'm so grateful that I was able to talk to the right neighbors this morning and that they spread the word to find Mac.  
He seems no worse for wear.  In fact, we think he's gained some street cred and attitude from his romp around town!  Heck, if those lovely neighbors are willing to bathe and brush him then I may drop him off over there from time to time!  
Seriously, though, I don't know how I would have handled losing him.  He's just a dog, but he's not just a dog.  Ya know?  He was Alex & Emma's buddy for years and he's my sissy little lap dog now.  I sure am glad to have him back.  








No comments: