"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Surgeon

Please add zucchini surgeon to my list of skills.  I saved my plant from that awful squash bug infestation!  Yay me!  They are significantly smaller after all the damage, but they are healthy and growing new.  
With any luck I will have some more zucchini before the summer is over.  

My tomato plants continue to grow rampant.  Last week I picked 43 tomatoes... 5 large ones and the rest cherry tomatoes.  I am just amazed that what started as two very small transplants have become this...
My roses are also looking quite beautiful right now.  
This morning I went to Cheryl's and we made jelly!  I've never done anything like that, so it was lots of fun and now I know that it's really not that complicated and I can do it myself with other fruit.  I brought these two home and you can bet that we will thoroughly enjoy it.  Okay, fine, I've already enjoyed it and Drew is not even home from work yet.  






No comments: