"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

zucchini pasta

I'm so proud of our dinner that I have to post about it immediately!  

I've been wanting a vegetable pasta maker for a while, so I finally bought the one Walmart had to offer. $14.99 buys you this...


which turns two of these...


into this...


which you boil for about 3 minutes, top with pasta sauce (no, I didn't make my own, Barilla did) and get this...


I added a small piece of chicken left from last night's dinner and this seriously filled me up.  I don't think you should go into it thinking that it will taste like spaghetti noodles, you should just think of it as another really great way to eat all the zucchini (or squash, carrots, potatoes, etc.) that your garden is producing.  

I'm in major need of some weight loss and this is just one more way to eat healthy, get in my veggies and really enjoy a meal.  A medium sized zucchini is 33 calories.  One serving of this pasta sauce is 70 calories.  Add the bit of chicken and I'm absolutely certain that I just had a really yummy dinner for less than 300 calories.  Score!  

If you can get over the name "Veggetti", which I think happens to sound a little vulgar (yes, I often have the maturity of a 12 year old boy) then I would highly recommend it.  It beats the heck out of a few thousand calories at Waffle House, which I'm fairly certain Drew would eat every night if he could!  




1 comment:

Becky Hogan said...

My doctor put the fear into me and I'm REALLY TRYING to eat low carb. It's so hard for me because I love my pasta, chips, crackers, potatoes - well anything good and filled with carbs! I'll go to the next town to WalMart and buy one. Have 3 tomato plants but no tomatoes so far... can't remember to water!