"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Lesson


I wish I hadn't shared with you that I was making spaghetti sauce.  Now I feel obligated to confess that it didn't go well.  Actually, it went okay, but I tried to make it better and only made it worse.  Terrible worse. I'd rather not confess exactly what secret ingredients I added to it and Drew is sworn to keep my secret by the fine print in our marriage contract (we like to add imaginary fine print when the situation suits, ha ha).  Suffice it to say that we had spaghetti without sauce last night and I wasted a large amount of tomatoes in the process.  I'd rather think that they weren't wasted as much as they were sacrificed for my learning experience.  Know what I mean?  

I was thinking about last weekend's camping trip again.  Drew & I really work quite efficiently together and can set up (and pack up) camp fairly quickly.  Once we were all set up and enjoying the afternoon, an elderly couple arrived at the site next to ours.  She got out to direct him as he backed the very large fifth wheel RV into position.  It took multiple tries, but they got it done.  Once they were backed in to satisfaction, they proceeded to set up.  I'm not sure that I've ever really watched someone set up and so I didn't realize how much work was involved.  Leveling, supports, electricity, water, etc.  I guess I had a funny look on my face, because...

Drew: What's wrong?  
Me: I was just thinking how much work that is.  There's a lot of setting up involved, especially if you can't get down and the ground and up again easily.  
Drew:  That's why we won't have an RV like that when we are old.  
Me: Then what will we do if we can't go camping?  
Drew: Check into a Hilton on the beach.  

He has an excellent answer for everything!

I think I'll do yard work today and if I'm going to do that then I best get started before the temperature climbs too high.  

No comments: