"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Monday, August 11, 2014

Travel

Remember that trip to Canada that I mentioned a few months ago?  Well, it didn't happen when we had hoped (Drew's been super busy in the office), but now it looks like it is happening.  In less than a month we plan to hop on a plane and head to Toronto.  Drew will have to work that week (the reason for the trip in the first place), so we are going to go a few days early and visit Niagara Falls over the weekend.  I'm super excited and even looking forward to hanging out in the hotel room while he works during the day.  (Of course I could explore on my own during the day, but I'm not so sure how confident I feel about doing that alone.  Toronto is a BIG place and I'm anything but familiar with it.)  Maybe we will get to visit the zoo one evening, which is supposed to be quite wonderful.  There are actually quite a few things I would like to do (museums, theater, etc.), but the pleasure portion of this trip will be short.  The great thing is that Drew's business there will continue and there will be plenty of opportunities to go back.  Yeah!

Since this Canada trip has been so delayed, we had talked about taking a long weekend and driving down to the Gulf now that all the kids are going back to school.  (i.e. less crowds) We probably won't do that now that we are going to Canada in a few weeks, to Kansas City for the NASCAR race in October and...

To the beach for Christmas!  We will be officially making our reservations in the next couple of weeks, so I've been doing more research to make sure I know exactly where we will go.  I've still got my eye on Playa del Carmen, Mexico.  The resort I've chosen seems to offer all we want for this particular trip... luxury accommodations, someone else to cook our meals and beautiful Caribbean beaches, not far from the Fifth Avenue market of Playa and the opportunity to tour some of the Mayan ruins.  If you had asked Drew and I yesterday about how excited we are for this then we both would have had a lot of fun things to say. However, it is Shark Week on Discovery Channel and as of this particular moment Drew is requesting a tropical vacation in Oklahoma... far from the possibility of any hungry sharks!

No comments: