"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

1702

When I signed into blogger to write this post I noticed that I currently have 1701 posts.  Hmm.  That's a lot.  I guess that's what almost 7 years of blogging and lots to write about gets you.  So, congratulations, you are now reading post #1702.

I'm feeling anxious for our upcoming trip to Toronto.  Good anxious.  There's nothing to be worried about, I'm just trying to get all my ducks in row here at home so we can both be away for a week.  I'm almost ashamed to admit that one of the things I've been spending too much time thinking about is clothing.  What do I wear?  What do I pack?  The forecast looks like low 60's will be as high as it gets and there could be some upper 40's at night.  It's still summer in NWA, so shorts and flip flops have been my mainstay as of late.  My conundrum has been deciding if the weather in Toronto is worthy of full on fall dressing.  Silly right?  I feel silly even typing this.  Even so, it's the truth.  What shoes do I take?  Cute shoes or my running shoes?  I mean, I'll be walking a lot, but I have a couple of occasions that I will need to be more dressed up (dinner with Drew's colleagues).  Even when casual is okay, I want to look cute.  So, take both.  But is that too much luggage?  And pants... I have blue jeans and some very casual khakis, but I need something not so sloppy.  Oh my goodness, this thought process is ridiculous.

In an attempt to have what I need, I took myself to the mall this morning.  I anticipated finding nothing, since going shopping with money to spend and something that I need almost always ends in frustration and failure.  (On the other hand, if I go just to browse and have no money then I can find a million things I love.  Go figure.)  I can't even believe it, but I found exactly what I wanted, it fit perfectly and it was 25% off.  I got two pairs of pants and I was in and out of the mall in 30 minutes.  That's one for the record books.  Now I feel better about having something appropriate to wear and I've decided to wear my running shoes on the trip up and pack my nicer shoes for later.  Problem solved, now I just have to pack. I'm trying to keep it to a minimum, since I really don't want to be one of those girls who needs 2 trunks and 3 suitcases to be away from home for a week.  One suitcase, that's all I'm taking.

Another thing I have to take care of before we leave... my phone.  I considered just not taking it, but Drew will be working throughout the week and we will need a way to get in touch with each other.  That means I need a plan that will cover me in Canada and not leave me with a thousand dollars in roaming charges.  I looked online, but I think going to the store and asking for help will be my best bet at getting what I need.  That's on the agenda for tomorrow.  What do you all do about a your phone when you travel out of the country?

As for things around here when we are gone, our neighbor will keep an eye on the dogs for us and we are currently trying to eat all perishables before we leave.  Yay for the countdown to my first trip out of the US!




No comments: