"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

No Go

I just got into my truck with a grubby little dog in my lap, shut the door, turned the key and... nothing.  Nada.  Not even a pitiful little whine or effort to start.  I had to call the groomer to let them know I couldn't get Mac there and now I guess I'm home for the day.  Drew and I had plans to meet at Braeden's baseball game tonight, but now that's a no go.  I did forget to unplug my radar detector, but it's not the first time and I've never had issues with that before.  Drew said that maybe since the weather is getting colder that the battery drained faster?  Who knows?  
You know what else?  Somebody stole a pillow off my front porch.  I'm making an assumption here, but where else would it have gone?  Last week I made three new pillows for the front porch swing and as of yesterday morning one was missing.  It hasn't been windy or stormy and I can't imagine that a stray animal approached my porch, took one pillow and left the others untouched.  Really though, who steals a pillow?  It's not even a comfortable pillow.  It's covered in zebra printed burlap and is purely for decorative purposes.  

No comments: