"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Friday, October 17, 2014

Day 2

It's day 2 of making Mandy take it easy.  I know that my foot just needs to rest because it already feels so much better than it did Wendesday.  
I took a couple months break from my Fit Bit (my wrist band that tracks my activity) because I felt like it was taunting me more than encouraging me.  I put it back on this past weekend.  I used the data to prove to Drew that I really did do absolutely nothing yesterday.  On Wednesday I had 14,500 steps.  Yesterday I had 2,000.  Boring.  
So, what does this girl do on Day 2?  I didn't like what was on HGTV, but do not fear... I found Property Brothers on Netflix!  I mean, really, the brothers are eye candy and the show is about renovating homes.  Um, yeah.  This is a no brainer.  Since I had to cancel my War Eagle date with mom, she's coming over in a bit and we are going to lunch.  You can keep me from much walking, but not from eating!  The Wooden Spoon is an Amish restaurant in Gentry and, let me tell you, it is ALWAYS a good choice.  
Honestly though, all this HGTV isn't helping my desire for a new house.  We've both just recently started feeling like we are ready to move.  While we may think that we want to move right now, it's probably a good thing that we've decided on a 1-2 year timeline.  That will put us in the financial position to buy the house we want instead of just what we could afford for now.  Hopefully it will also give us some time to prepare emotionally.  We've lived in this house for more than 9 years now and there are so many memories here.  We've toyed with the idea of renting out this house, since there are a couple of houses in our neighborhood that have gone that direction, but we just don't think we could.  This is our house.  It isn't just a property that we own as an investment.  Our memories  are here and I honestly don't think I could let someone else live in my house.  It's too personal.  Hopefully we will be able to sell it when we are ready and that by that time we will really be ready to close this chapter.  For now we are dealing okay.  
Why do we want to move anyway?  It really isn't wanting to escape the memories, like we both feared it may be as we anticipated our girls dying.  It's really logistical.  We've lived with one bathroom for so long and it really would be nice to not share that level of intimacy.  Know what I mean?  When there's just one bathroom, not only does our privacy blur with each other, but that is the space our guests must also use.  It's a first world problem, I know.  I'm just saying that it would be awfully nice to have two potties.  More room in general would be an appreciated luxury.  Then there's Drew's commute.  He's driven to Bentonville for years and that has typically been about a 45 minute drive each way.  Since his office relocated to the far side of Bentonville earlier this year, the drive is even longer.  Depending on what time he leaves, his commute is 1 hour to 1 hour 20 minutes each way (a bit because of the few extra miles, a lot because of the traffic in that extra distance).  It's getting old, and I'm not the one driving it.  So, yeah, we are really feeling ready to make a change.  
Enough of that.  I love my little house and I'll just say a little prayer that in a year or two there will be another family that wants to call it home.  Now, let's go eat.  

No comments: