"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Grumpy

Yesterday I complained at bit about my foot.  I was feeling pretty much okay and when we Drew got home we went to Lowe's (for something that I'll tell you about later) and I was walking fine.  We were half way to the back of the store when my foot just quit.  Something popped & shot pain and if I hadn't had my arm already looped through Drew's then I might have hit the floor.  Not cool.  I hobbled the rest of the way and then I was grumpy the rest of the night, just because I was frustrated.  
I'm pretty sure the pop that I felt was a tendon or something?  I'm not ortho, so I'm just guessing.  It wasn't a bone or anything.  I mean, it hurt like crazy, but I walked back to the truck anyway.  
So, obviously, when it started hurting on Monday I should have taken it easy.  I shouldn't have walked 3 miles yesterday morning and I should have skipped the 400 stairs.  That's what I should have done, but not what I did.  It's also a pretty good thing that my dear husband isn't one of those people who airs their marital frustrations on social media or he may have had something to say about my attitude last night.  You see, I just hate not being able to do what I want to.  I just got through saying how important it is for me to stay active during the fall & winter (for my mental health) and now I can't even walk through Lowe's without wishing I had a walker to hobble with.  It's really quite beautiful outside right now and I had plans to go to the War Eagle craft fair with mom on Friday.  Drew isn't the kind of husband that "lets" me do anything, (I mean, really, have you met me?)  but he was quite emphatic that I take it easy for a few days.  (This is probably because he really cares that my foot hurts and also because I'm such a grouch when I don't feel good).  So, I've done nothing more today than drop Mac at the groomer and then sit on my bum.  I cancelled my craft fair day with mom and I'm taking it easy on my foot.  Boo.  
What do I do when I'm not allowed to do anything?  I spend an entire day watching HGTV.  Drew & I already have new house fever and after only 8 hours of HGTV I am now completely qualified and prepared to purchase a beautiful old home and renovate it.  (cough, cough)  I may or may not have spent some time on Zillow looking at houses this afternoon.  When Drew hears all of my plans he may change his tune, tell me to suck it up, go for a walk and burn off some energy and bad ideas.  

No comments: