"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

JR

I don't have long because I'm taking Grandpa for his memory evaluation this morning, but I wanted to take a few minutes to share photos of JR (Drew's sister's little boy, for those that don't know).  He stayed with us this weekend and I'm awfully glad that Cheryl has a hoard of toys for little boys in her attic and sent me home with a few.  The train set was a huge hit.  We even had to move the coffee table out of the living room to make room for it all.
 I never did manage to get JR to look at me for a photo.  Too many things on his mind, maybe?
 While Drew was watching the Hogs play football (and trying not to yell bad words at the television for the preschooler to repeat), JR and I made play dough.  I would have to say that the making of the play dough was more of a hit than actually playing with it.  We had just watched Frozen together and JR said that this was the ice monster.  Ah, boys.
I think the best laugh we had was when JR was trying to tell Drew something about the trains.  

JR: It's heaving and hauling. 
Drew: Heaving and hauling? 
JR: Yeah.  Hauling.  
Drew: Hauling? (emphasizing the "g" at the end)
JR: No.  Hauling.  
Drew: That's what I said.  
JR: No, that's what I said.  

That boy sure does love trains and his vocabulary is insane.  By that I mean that he uses words in sentences that I've never heard another 3 year old use!  The little conversations we had were even funnier because we weren't sure if he was talking to us or to himself!  What a hoot!  



No comments: