"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Seasons

Blah, seasons.  Couldn't we just move to Hawaii where it's 80 degrees all year?  It would really benefit my emotional health.  Don't get me wrong, I used to really love the changing of seasons.  At the very least, the seasons you don't care for make you appreciate the seasons you love.  Regardless, I'm not digging the cooler temperatures today.  We had a rainy few days and now it's just chilly and windy.  Blah.  Again, it makes me miss my girls.  Not because of the fall and winter hibernation we enforced the last few years.  Quarantine, if you will, to protect the girls from germs that they couldn't fight off.  (For the record, that was an effective approach for our situation.  We did protect the girls from little things like colds that could have been detrimental.  They died because their bodies were worn out, not because they got a stuffy nose that turned into pneumonia.)  But, I digress (again).  The good things about the temperatures cooling in past years were quilt covered snuggles, baking and family time.  Now I'm just finding that it's harder to get out of bed in the morning, which I think we can equally attribute to sinus pressure headaches and my complete lack of interest in wearing long pants and socks.  Cool weather clothing makes me feel claustrophobic.  Layers?  Yuck.  I mean, really, I could happily live in a world where flip flops were the appropriate daily footwear.  
No worries, I'll deal.  I do think that I will, quite honestly, have to be aware of myself and my mental health until Spring rolls back around.  I'm not balled up and sleeping 20 hours a day, but I'd be lying if I told you I bothered to put real clothes on yesterday.  So, yeah, is that honest enough for you?  This morning I failed to get up with Drew like normal, but I did open the living room blinds to let some sunshine in.  That's a start, right?  Next up... grocery shopping.  

No comments: