"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Thanks

In years past I've participated in the daily listing of things I'm thankful for.  This year I've haven't been, but that doesn't mean I don't have a long list.  I could give you the serious and sappy list of how thankful I am for my God, my family and my friends, but I'm feeling a little sassy.  (See how I managed to tell you I'm grateful for my God, my family and my friends?  Without actually putting them on the list?  I'm clever like that.)
This list is much more fun, just as honest and a lot sassier. 
Things I'm thankful for:
-I had a really good hair day yesterday.  I mean, like, really good.  I almost wish I was one of those people who take daily selfies, just so I would have proof of how great my super curly hair really looked.  Since I'm not, you'll just have to take my word for it. 
-I got 10 hours of sleep last night.  No sass necessary to say make the point that that is just something to be plain old thankful for.  Sleep is awesome. 
-We have friends/Drew's work associates that want to come all the way from Toronto to attend the Hogs football game with us this weekend.  (I'm a bit less grateful that is supposed to rain heavily all day long and that I will be sitting in that rain in the stadium... certainly ensuring that I will NOT have a good hair day.)
-Sunshine.  Last week was frigidly cold, but today it is in the 50's and the sun is shining.  I'll take what I can get. 
-The new Taylor Swift CD.  I'm not even going to bother being embarrassed when I say that it's a great CD and very much enjoying it.
-A new solitaire game on my computer.  The game is fun and it gives me an excuse to sit in my office and listen to Taylor Swift. 
-That I've finally found an answer for people who ask where I work. 
Them: Where do you work? 
Me: At home.  I'm a full time wife and I'm excellent at it. 
OR
Them: Do you work?
Me: Yes.  I'm a full time wife and I'm excellent at it. 
In short, I've found that the best way to answer those questions is with no apology and a smile.  Own it. 
Even better?  I just answered my phone, despite the fact that I didn't recognize the number.  I was nice to the lady who asked for a few minutes of my time to gather information about the health care marketplace.  Her first question was if I worked full time, part time or was unemployed.  I answered honestly, she informed me that I didn't qualify to continue with the survey, thanked me for my time and said goodbye.  Works for me.  I didn't want to answer health care questions anyway.
-One month from today Drew & I will hop a plane to Mexico, soak up a week worth of sunshine (with lots of sunscreen) and claim palm trees as our Christmas trees.  Yeah! 

That's a pretty good list for now, don't you think? 

1 comment:

Tsuds said...

I'm thankful for your blog. I enjoy the way you share and reflect on your world.

:)

Catherine