"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Not Sick!

I posted yesterday because I felt rotten and was afraid of what kind of sick I might be.  I took a long nap, laid around the house all day and drank plenty of fluids.  By the evening I had a low grade fever, but I slept all night (I sleep so much better when Drew is home), didn't get up until 10 this morning and I feel so much better.  A decongestant has helped the pressure in my head and the rest of my body feels pretty good.  I'm so very grateful.  I'm bummed that we missed Kayla's first volleyball games this morning, but I really wanted to rest and make sure I didn't have something I could pass along. 
That being said, Drew and I have gotten a few things done today.  We cleaned up the garage (it's one of those places than gets junked up fairly quickly and needs frequent straightening).  With that done, it only seemed like a good idea to clean up my truck.  Do you know happens when it's 55 degrees on a Saturday in January?  EVERYONE goes to the carwash.  Me included. 

It was worth dealing with the crowd because the weather is so lovely and now my truck is lovely, too. 
Remember the painting that Misty gave us this past fall?  I just realized that it's still hanging on the wall.  I like it, so it didn't occur to me to take it down, even though it's January and the painting says, "Happy Fall Y'all".  Instead, I've come up with a solution. 
Yeah, that's right.  "Happy January Y'all".  Seems rational to me.  Okay, fine.  Maybe I'll go ahead and take it down and just look forward to next fall when it's seasonally appropriate to have hanging on the wall.  I did get some painting supplies and canvases for Christmas, so this might be the perfect time to see what I can create for this spot on the wall. 

No comments: