"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Saturday


Kayla is playing volleyball now and, while I know nothing about volleyball, I have to say it is adorable. 
All through the game on Saturday morning, I kept thinking about how much fun it would be.  Mind you, I know nothing of volleyball outside of playing in the pool when we were kids.  Stay tuned for a follow up on that...

It just so happens that one of my nephews is turning 4 years old today.  Happy Birthday JR!  We celebrated at Chuck E Cheese on Saturday, where it became quite evident that even the oldest of our family are still little kids at heart.  (I mean, we all played games and won about 1100 tickets for JR to spend.)

The birthday boy.  Take note of the scratch on his cheek.  He took it upon himself to shave earlier in the week, because, you know, he's 4 now.  I hear that he wasn't impressed and reported to his preschool teacher that it was, "a bad bad time."  
After the party we went to Kyle & Misty's for some outside fun.  It's crazy beautiful here right now and we took advantage of the 55 degree temps and played volleyball in the back yard for hours.  Yeah, that's right.  I have no photos of this, as we were all playing.  I use the term "playing" loosely.  It's fair to say that I do not have a future in professional volleyball.  I'm fairly terrible and completely uncoordinated. All of that said, we had a fabulous time and my face hurt from laughing so much.  
As if all that activity wasn't enough, we took turns jumping on the trampoline with the kids.  Drew thought it was funny enough that he ran and got my phone to shoot video.  There are few things in life as funny as slow motion videos of regular adults jumping on a trampoline.  Oh, how I wish that I could post the mash up of videos here, but it's too long.  I could put it on YouTube, but it would be my luck that that would be the one thing in my life to go completely viral and wind up on Good Morning America.  The world does NOT need to see everyone else doing these high flying flips and me doing the most pathetic summersault ever recorded.  Really, it's pitiful.  And hilarious.  You will have to settle for a few still shots.  
Misty showed us all up doing flips.  She's annoying like that.  
I'm proud to say that, even after that afternoon of crazy activity, I could still walk the next day.  I'm awesome like that.  








No comments: