"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Friday, January 16, 2015

Sick?

I woke up this morning feeling pretty rotten.  I sat here for an hour, trying to convince myself that I felt fine, but I finally let Cheryl know that I couldn't exercise this morning and then cancelled the massage that Drew had schedule for me this afternoon.  
I knew that Jessica felt bad on Sunday and then by Monday morning she felt bad enough to go to the doctor and tested positive for the flu.  I thought I was in the clear, but now I'm not so sure.  Technically, the incubation period is 2-5 days.  I'm on day 5.  I've also been out and about this week (being careful and sanitizing, but still).  It could just be sinus stuff or a cold, but I'm not willing to get out and about and spread it.  There's that and then there's the fact that I just feel yucky.  My head hurts and my nose is stuffed up.  By noon I just felt really tired, so I laid down for a nap and woke up 3 hours later.  The old Mandy (the exhausted mom) could have done that any old day, but the new Mandy (the rested and rational human being) rarely naps and never for that long.  I don't have a fever, so that's good.  
Drew & I both got our flu shots in the fall, but so did Jessica and she still got it.  Then the 5pm news had a story about how ineffective the shot is this year.  For 18-49 year olds, the shot is showing to be about 12% effective... the lowest since 2005.  Bummer.  Here's hoping that I wake up in the morning feeling like my normal self and that I haven't shared icky germs with anyone else.  

No comments: