"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, February 21, 2015

This is Where I Leave You

Friends & Family,

For more than 7 years Drew & I have shared our lives with you on this blog.  I have always left this open to anyone and everyone who cared to read our story.  We always felt that this was beneficial to more than just the loved ones we were keeping up to date.  We have, in fact, come in to contact with multiple persons over the years who were facing similar health issues with their children and a few who were dealing with PKAN specifically.  I'm not sorry that we've been so open, but things are changing.  In light of recent events, we feel that it is now appropriate to make this a private blog.  We very much want to share this adoption story (and the rest of our lives) with you, but we are receiving some unsolicited advice from readers who do not know all the details of the situation or our lives.  This, in itself, is not a big issue, but it does open our eyes to our  very public sharing of a very private matter.  I really want to be as open and honest with our loved ones as possible, without fear of the information falling into the wrong hands.  We need to protect everyone involved in this adoption... Birth Mom, her family, our daughter, ourselves and our loved ones.  For this reason, I will be making this blog private in just a few days.  What does that mean?  It means that if I know you then I want you to keep reading.  You will just have to sign in to do so.  I will do my best to contact those of you that I have email addresses for, but for the rest of you, please contact me if you would like to be added to the reader list.  To be clear, if I don't know you personally, then I need to know how you know me and why you want access to the blog.  I've set up an email account just for this purpose (it won't be used otherwise, so don't go adding it to your contact list).  wanttoread21@yahoo.com

Contact me soon, as the blog will be private very soon.  I hope I've been clear about our desire to continue documenting our lives and sharing it with our loved ones, but also the need for discernment as we do so.  Much love to you all. 

-Mandy & Drew

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'm sorry to see you go. Certainly understandable though. I've followed your blog since Kelly from Kelly's Korner added your family to a prayer request. I will miss following along but I wish you all the happiness in the world! You certainly deserve it!!