"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Birth Mom

With any luck I will make it for the rest of my life without refering to Birth Mom by her first name on this blog.  I can't even abbreviate Birth Mom with a BM, because that just makes me thing of a Bowel Movement.  What can I say?  I worked in a hospital during college and I've had to children with special medical needs.  BM  means Bowel Movement.  So, we will keep it formal and vague and continue calling her Birth Mom.  
Drew is in Canada for work this week, but I met Birth Mom this morning for her regular OB visit.  I am continually grateful that she is allowing Drew & I to be part of this pregnancy.  It is something that not many adoptive parents are able to do.   The appointment today went well.  Ellie's heart beat is strong.  Birth Mom told us that she felt two big movements in the last three days, but she hadn't felt any other movements, large or small.  The doctor did a quick ultrasound just to verify that she's moving around and doing well.  She is.  She was moving around in there and looking lovely.  I saw her heart beating and limbs wiggling around.  I even saw her little rear end as she seemingly mooned us.  All of that is good news.  The next OB appointment is in 4 weeks and after that it will be every 2 weeks until she arrives.  
Next Wednesday is the follow up Level 2 ultrasound.  That will be much more than just a quick look at baby.  I'm anxious for that appointment and to know how Ellie is growing.  I am continually praying for her growth and development.  Grow, Ellie, grow!!  

In the interest of writing about something other than Eleanor, how about a few photos?  
Drew & I went to a comedy show with Kyle & Misty last week.  
I would like to point out how much Kyle & I look alike.  People who don't know my brothers always refer to Kyle as "the one that looks just like you".  We went to OKC for our cousin's wedding a couple of weeks ago.  It was great to see that side of the family for a happy occassion.  
Mom, my cousin Michelle, Kayla & Braeden
Me & Misty
Kyle & Drew... avoidng the camera
I finally found a rug for the dining room.  Here's the old one (with junk on the table)...
and the new one...
Looks like a different house, right?  Only problem is, I don't really want anyone to walk on the rug.  It's like when we got white towels for the bathroom and I wouldn't let anyone use them?  Same thing here.  Please don't walk on the rug.  And dogs?  Forget about it.  My poor dogs haven't been inside since we got the rug.  Don't worry, I'll get over it... eventually.  But seriously, at least take off your shoes.  



No comments: