"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Ellie

According to yesterday's ultrasound, Miss Ellie is growing.  Measurments put her in the 4th percentile on the fetal growth chart.  That's tiny, but that's okay.  Where she is on the chart doesn't matter nearly as much as that she continues growing on her own little arc... and she is.  Her estimated weight is 2 pounds 5 ounces.  Good job, Elllie!! Keep it up! 
The doctor said everything was looking good.  That's all great news.  We will do it all over again in three weeks and continue monitoring her growth.  (I expect we will continue this pattern until she is born.  It is all precautionary because of Birth Mom's own medical history and Ellie's small size.)  
It's super exciting to see her on the screen each time there is an ultrasound.  I get these little glimpses of how she is changing and what she's up to in there.  Yesterday I got her see her sucking.  Her little tongue was moving and the nurse said she was practicing sucking.  Intellectually, I know babies do this in utero, but seeing Ellie do it made my eyes sting with tears.  Such a simple thing is really so amazing. 
She never did pose for a profile picture, but the tech managed this frontal shot of her face.   For those who don't know what they are looking at... tilt your head to the right.  

1 comment:

Becky Hogan said...

I was like Rachael on Friends when she was looking at the ultrasound with Ross... "I don't see it."
But really I do!!! Love, Aunt Becky