"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Monday, May 4, 2015

Shopping

Did I mention that I've changed directions with the nursery?  It's Drew's fault.  When we first found out that we were getting Ellie, I am the one that suggested the Razorback nursery.  Drew was all on board with that and I was having fun planning how to put such a thing together.  Since we have been talking about moving sooner rather than later, I've sort of stalled with the nursery decorating.  I didn't want to put everything together and then take it all down when we buy a new house, so I haven't done much shopping or decorating lately.  Last weekend we went to Tulsa to see Phantom of the Opera and after the show we went to Babies r Us to try out different car seasts & strollers (SO MANY choices!).  As we were walking through the store, Drew found girly bedding that he really like and said it was "Very Eleanor".  He was right, it is beautiful, but I was mainly just surprised that he picked that.  He has since said that he isn't stuck on that particular bedding, just something girly like it.  With that fresh inspiration, I've gone a little crazy replanning the nursery.  A girly nursery.  I actually love the idea.  I know very well that Ellie will have her own opinion on decor and fashion soon enough, so I may as well enjoy doing things my way while she's too young to argue!  
In that spirit, I have been scouring Pinterest and I went to Hobby Lobby today.  I was happy to find so many things that I love.  I bought two things as inspriation and now I have to figure out how to turn that into a complete nursery.   (While fully knowing that it doesn't really matter!  It's fun to decorate, but it isn't necessary at all.)  
By girly, I mean that there will be pink.  I'm loving this new look (new to me, anyway) of gold accents.  Don't get me wrong, this baby will most surely have plenty of Razorback accessories and clothes, but it's looking like her room will be something a bit different.  
On one hand I feel like we've got time and I don't need to rush, but then I look at the calendar and see that Ellie is due in 71 days.  There is SO much to do in that time.  
Drew is in his second week with his new job and he's loving it.  Quite literally, he texted me earlier to say, "I love my job!!"  Yep, exclamation points and all.  I'm so happy for him (for us, because this is our life), but I'm not quite loving that these first weeks require him to be away from home.  He went to Nashville last week and he's in Tornoto this week.  He will be home Friday and there is no more travel planned for now.  These are all great changes, but even good changes can be stressful.  
In other news, we've applied for a new mortgage.  We've been prequalified, filled out a big stack of paperwork and are now waiting for the official preapproval letter.  We've done so much house looking in the last 4 months that we have pretty well chosen the house that we want.  We are working with a realtor that specializes in VA loans, so she should be quite helpful in working with our mortgage company and fulfilling the requirements of the VA loan in a timely manner.  We are hopeful that we will get the preapproval letter this week and can move forward with an official offer on the house that we want.  We have decided that we are going to keep our current home as a rental.  That's a lot to deal with at once, but it sure would be great to be moved and start our new life with Eleanor in a new home.  
2015 sure is proving to be full of wonderful surprises and a new chapter of life.    

No comments: