"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, May 7, 2015

What a week

It's been a long week.  It seems that way, anyway.  Drew's been gone all week and that makes the days run together for me.  Thankfully, he comes home tomorrow.  

How has Drew's week been?  Pretty great, I think.  It sounds like he's done massive amounts of walking around Toronto, which doesn't always bode well for a guy with his knee issues.  That said, he's loving the new company and the people he's working with.  We have had limited time to talk this week because he's been so busy, but I do know this... there was an altercation and... 
Drew's new slacks-0
Iron-1
He learned the hard way that dress slacks require a different iron setting than cotton khakis.  
Me?  I've had a lot of time alone this week.  I knew I would, so I had a project in mind.  Remember the old buffet that has been in my living room for years?  It originally came from my great granny's church and has been through various family members before finding its way to me.  I painted it white a few years ago, but it didn't go so well.  I made the mistake of using the wrong sealant and it yellowed.  It was awful.  
I figured it couldn't get any worse, so I decided to take a chance on this chalky paint in a nice gray color (and the wax sealer that goes with it).  
The finished result is far from perfect, but I do like it.  
On Tuesday evening I attended birthing class with Birth Mom.  She has so kindly involved Drew & I in every baby related detail since we met and has asked us to be there for labor & delivery.  While I hesitated when she asked if I would attend birthing class with her (trying to maintain healthy boundaries), Drew & I ultimately decided that the encouragement she feels from our support as we anticipate the birth of Eleanor was worth it.  The absolute highlight of the evening was feeling Ellie move!  Birth Mom has been so excited for me feel baby move and has tried multiple times to put my hand in the right place at the right time, but having an extended period of time to sit together on Tuesday allowed for just the right timing.  The gentle little kicks that I so clearly felt were more than I can describe.  I just couldn't stop the tears from welling up in my eyes.  
Tonight I went to Braeden's baseball game and Grandpa went with me.  I mentioned it to him yesterday and asked if he wanted to go along.  To my surprise, said yes and looked forward to it all day today.  He was so anxious to go that we got to the ballpark an hour before Braeden's game even started.  It was so worth it and he had a great time.  This picture of him with Kayla & Braeden just can't be beat.  
These are decent pictures of Braeden at catcher, especially considering I took them with my iphone...
I went ahead and ordered the baby bedding that Drew picked out and it arrived this week.  I love it.  
I'm about to go crazy to set it all up, but I'm trying to be patient because...
We got our official mortgage preapproval this week and we are meeting the realtor tomorrow afternoon!  After months of looking, we are meeting the realtor at the house we love to ask some more questions and maybe write an offer.  EEK!!! 





1 comment:

BethAnn said...

LOVE the pic of the kids with your Grandpa. He looks very young and I see a resemblance in the kids.

How did you get down to the wood so cleanly on the buffet? It's gorgeous in its new color. I could even see it in the baby's room with the bedding. They both have curly piping in common. But in the new house there may be many good spots.

CONGRATULATIONS on a new home!! I can't even imagine that feeling but am so happy that you allow us watch God's design unfold. Thank you. Beth Ann