"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Friday, June 26, 2015

Friday

Today Eleanor is at 37 weeks & 2 days gestation. I picked up Birth Mom at her home this morning and took her to the hospital for the Non Stress Test (NST) to monitor Elleanor's heart rate. Thank you all for praying for Birth Mom and baby. Please say another prayer of thanksgiving because everything looked good today. Eleanor's baseline heart rate was higher (in the middle of the acceptable range) and that made Birth Mom feel much better.  We were there for less than two hours and then sent on our way because baby looked so good on the monitors. I will take her back to the doctor on Tuesday for another NST and to see if Birth Mom's body is progressing in any ways that would indicate inducing labor could be successful.
Drew and I continue to pray for Birth Mom and for Eleanor and we really can't express our gratitude for each of you who join us in this.
I will mention this... When Ellie is born I will absolutely post the news here. I will NOT be posting any photos for 10 days. That is the period of time that Birth Mom has to revoke consent for adoption. We do not have any fears of this happening, but it is still a legal period of time that must be respected. We can absolutely text or email photos with our family and friends, but we will NOT share them here (OR announce her arrival on Facebook) until after that 10 day period. If we share pictures with you individually, or if you come to visit us and take photos of Ellie, we ask that you be respectful of this waiting period and NOT share anything (even news of her birth) on social media. To be clear... Our attorney will come to the hospital when Eleanor is born so that Birth Mom can sign the consent for adoption and it will be filed at the court house ASAP. She has 10 days to officially revoke her consent. We do not fear this happening, nor do we have any reason to believe that the biological father would show up. He was told about the pregnancy months ago, but he didn't seem to really care, wasn't very nice to Birth Mom, and cut off all communication with her.  I only share this here because it is something that many of your are wondering, but are too kind to ask. I hope that explains things just enough. The short of it is... Anything could happen in those first 10 days, but Drew and I feel quite confident that everything will be fine. Of course, prayers are still being said and we trust God has got this under control. 
This week has been a bit stressful for me, but Drew and I stayed home this evening, did some more unpacking & arranging, and I'm feeling much better after a quiet evening with just my husband and our fur babies (who have quickly adjusted to their new home & yard and seem to be loving it). Good thing I bought Toto a new dog bed, right?  He still prefers Emma's fluffy pink blanket and since she died we've let him claim it as his own. 
Mac, on the other hand, loves the dog beds. 
Foose is enjoying the big back yard (as long as he gets to come back in the house whenever he wants). 
I went to the old house on Tuesday to touch up paint and finish a few things. When I was done I sat on the floor in my empty living room and had a moment. This photo seemed a fairly good way to wrap things up. 

will leave you tonight with this... a photo of my BEAUTIFUL new kitchen and breakfast area. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know that I've ever covered a kitchen so much! Absolutely beautiful!

I came across your blog years ago. Thank you for writing!

Becky Hogan said...

I love, love, love your kitchen!!! It is so beautiful and I can't wait to enjoy a drink sitting at the counter WATCHING you and Drew cook a meal for me! So happy for you guys, Aunt Becky

Anonymous said...

It has been a while since I have stopped by...I still have the girls pics in my album and I see them often and I still take a moment for the 2, "Beautiful Little Angels" That left a hole in my heart, They touched so many lives in such a short time..I just want to say Thank You so much for sharing them with us...

I love your new pics of your new kitchen, I want to say Congrats to you both..you so deserve the world....Hugs from Michigan~~

Janice k.