"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Squeals of excitement

Drew and I were doing the classic Alex squeal of excitement all day today.  
Birth Mom's appointment went well, Eleanor's heart rate is good and all is on the right track. The doctor said we should wait until closer to 38 weeks to officially schedule the induction. This is because we really want birth mom to be showing some physical signs of being ready for labor. It is very difficult to successfully induce labor in a woman whose body is not ready (baby is still high, cervix not showing signs of dilation, etc.) and cesarean sections are more common in such scenarios.  Please join us as we pray for Birth Mom as she prepares her heart for all that is to happen in the coming weeks and for the natural physical progression that will prepare her for labor and delivery. All of that said, the doctor anticipates July 2nd or 3rd to be the big day! We go back next week for another check.  (Insert squeals of excitement!)
I got all of our utilities set up for the new house today, Drew did the final walk through and... We got the keys!!! (Insert squeals of excitement!)
Even better news... The appraisal is in! What's even better than that? It appraised higher than we expected!  It's all good, things have been sent for the final underwriting and we should get a closing date in the next few days. Maybe Friday, probably Monday.  We were so excited to be in the house that we drove  back to Siloam, loaded both trucks and took some stuff to the new house. We spent the evening setting up a few things and soaking it all in. (Insert squeals of excitement!) 
Need a laugh? Picture it... We just got the keys, the realtor leaves and we are alone in the new house. We proceed to run around like a couple of kids, laughing and checking out the house again. I come running up to Drew, do this little hop/skip thing and expect to land right in front of him.  My right ankle rolled and I totally busted it. Yep. I hit the floor.  Thank goodness it was upstairs where the floors are carpeted, so I had a little cushion. I just laid there and laughed while Drew tried to figure out if I was actually injured. I wasn't. I thought I was pretty much fine, until this evening when I bent down to pick something up and my back went in to spasms. There I was again, laying in the floor. Not my finest moment.  I'm not going to lie, I'm hurting. I've taken 4 ibuprofen, I'm sitting with the TENS machine right now and hopefully I'll wake up feeling better tomorrow. It's not exactly a great time for me to be down and out. (While I wouldn't insert an Alex squeal of excitement here, I can definitely imagine Emma getting a good giggle from the sight of me falling to the floor!) 

1 comment:

Becky Hogan said...

Love, Love, Love that big grin on your faces!!! So excited
that things are coming together for your two...soon to be 3!
Love, Aunt Becky