"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Friday, July 10, 2015

6 days

Eleanor is 6 days old! It seems like she just arrived, but it very much feels like she's always been here. It's awesome. Drew & I are smitten. Completely and totally in love with this child. 
We've had an eventful few days of visitors, first doctor visit, first trip to Target, first photo shoot, first grocery shopping trip with Grandpa Whimpy and lots of snuggles. 
4 day old doctor visit.  All the cool babies wear socks on their hands. It's the newest fashion trend (and protection from sharp little finger nails!). 
Daddy took care of all the paperwork.  He's pretty much awesome and weove having him around so much. What a gift it is to have him here and so involved each day. Not taking this for granted. Not even a little bit. 
The report was great. She's down to 5 pounds and 6 ounces, but that is expected and her appetite is picking up. We expect her to be back at her birth weight of 5 lb 13oz in a week or so. Also, she measured 18 1/2 inches long, which tells us that the hospital measurement wasn't accurate (newborns are wiggly and hard to measure!). Over all, she's looking great and certifiably perfect. 
Our friend Nikki is a beautiful photographer and so graciously came for a newborn photo shoot. I really can't express how special that was and how grateful I am to have such beautiful photos to remember the beginning of this journey. These are the four photos we've gotten a sneak peek at. I'm so excited to see the rest soon!  Nikki Toth Photography. Look it up. She's amazingly talented and kind. 
Visitors.
Heidi, Sophie & Eleanor
Christin (and her mom Wendy came, as well) & Eleanor. 
Uncle Pat, Aunt Alex & Eleanor
It's been a fabulous 6 days and we are soaking up every moment. My mom said, "I don't know how you ever put her down." My answer? "I don't." Seriously. I've been a new mom before. It flies by and in the blink of an eye I've found myself with the gift of being a new mom again at the age of 35. It's awesome and I'm not going to let myself feel even a tiny bit bad for holding her as much as she wants me to. Honestly. Would you put her down? 

No comments: