"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, July 12, 2015

8 days

It's been 8 days since Eleanor entered this world.  I'm trying to post often, but then I look and see it's been 2 days since I've posted. 
We went to church this morning and Eleanor did great.  She slept through church while a few close friends held her for a bit.  Since I didn't want to be taking cell phone photos during worship, I don't have photos of her with everyone.  (That just means that you all will have to come see us soon, get some more Eleanor snuggles and let me take your pic.)  I did take this one after the service. 
Rhonda & Eleanor
After church and a quick visit to Grandpa Whimpy's, this baby girl was worn out!
Toto was worn out, too.  We are a little worried about him.  He is old and fat and just getting older (and fatter).  He was 4 or 5 years old when we got him and we've had him 10 years, so he's 14 or 15 now.  Sometimes he acts like a puppy, running around the house, but his body reminds us that he is an old man. 
 Meanwhile, checking back in on Eleanor... still so sleepy that we had to rouse her to take a bottle and then she couldn't be bothered to open her eyes long enough to give Daddy a post feeding burp. 
 A few hours later?  Still sleeping, but this time on Mommy. 
She did wake up a little bit ago, but only long enough to fill up a diaper, drink a full 2 ounces and go back to sleep.  I think it's safe to say that this little girl is going through her very first growth spurt! 
Everything is going great and we are loving every minute it.  She couldn't be more mine if I had carried her myself.  Drew & I are experiencing something quite unique, I think.  Eleanor is our third child, but she is our only child.  It's not a plan I would have written myself, but it is beautiful and we are grateful for every little detail of our lives as parents... from that first day with Alex in 2002 to Emma's birth in 2005 to this new chapter with Eleanor. 
A few people have asked, so I will share... we are at the end of day 8 of the 10 day period that Birth Mom has to revoke consent.  We aren't worried about it, but we will officially be in the clear Tuesday evening.  Birth Mom has been heavy on my heart all week and I continue to lift her up in prayer.  I probably will forever.  She made me a mommy again and that's not something I could ever forget. 
 

No comments: