"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Monday, July 13, 2015

A few words from Eleanor

Whew! That was close!  I slept until 12:30am and then luckily I remembered to wake Mom up! It's a good thing I slept ALL day so that I have the stamina to stay awake now; I know how disappointed Mom would be if she didn't have anyone to talk to in the middle of the night.  She's so needy sometimes. 
When I woke up I was super hungry. I sucked down 2 ounces like it was no biggie and then put on enough of a show  for 30 minutes to make Mom think I was still starving and absolutely MUST have more milk. When she eventually agreed to give me a bit more, I drank 1/2 and ounce and then threw up all over both of us. I know Mom appreciated that because she didn't really like the clothes we were wearing anyway. I've got lots of cute pajamas and if we don't change at least three times a day then I'll never get to wear everything once before I outgrow it. I have to go to extremes to remind Mom of that sometimes. 
I've only been awake for 1 hour and 30 minutes, but somehow I've given Mom the impression that I would like to lay down and sleep on my own like I did all day. Where do moms get these crazy ideas, anyway?  I guess I better go explain to her how this is going to work. 
Enjoy your 2am, I know I am. 
Yours truly, 
Eleanor 

2 comments:

BethAnn said...

She is SOOOO beautiful. Such precise and dainty features. LOVE her eyes most of all.

Melissa said...

Just a lurker here (been reading a while) to say your baby girl is soooooo beautiful and you are truly blessed. I know I don't know you, but I am just so incredibly happy for you and your family. If that makes me weird, so be it. Won't be the first time. ;)