"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Can't get enough

I can't get enough of this sweet baby and that means that you can look forward to an endless flow of photos and baby stories for the foreseeable future. 
We had our first outing with Eleanor today. We went to Esther's office (our dear friend from church, but also our attorney for E's adoption) to pick up some paperwork... And for some baby snuggles. 
Drew is off work all this week and it has been wonderful. I'm so grateful he has this ability, and thankful for his ability to turn off "work Drew" and just be husband & daddy (which is a fine art when you work from home). I am smitten with Eleanor and my mommy instincts have kicked in like I never missed a beat. Drew is amazing with her and is doing everything he can to help around the house so that I can just be mommy. He even does dishes. Be still my heart. 
Last night Eleanor decided that swaddling is out and laying directly on Mommy's chest is the sleeping position of the choice. It wasn't exactly a hardship to oblige. 
I had her in just a diaper and wrapped in a blanket this morning and handed her to Drew. I went to shower, came back in the room, pulled her blanket away and couldn't resist this picture. Tiny, naked baby, melted into her daddy. 
I gave her a little sponge bath this evening, she smells like heaven and is rocking her Razorback night gown and hat. How many days until Razorback football? 

The McGaugh's (minus Carly) stopped by tonight and brought us dinner. Stacy would like all of our church family to know that she held Eleanor first. Lol 
With Allison
With Neil 

No comments: