"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Friday, 11:05

Butt kicked. Sleeping pill and a small dose of pain medication for Birth Mom equals one giant butt kicking. Excuse my phrasing, but it's true. No sooner than I hit publish on the last post, Birth Mom was totally out and minutes later the nurse was in here because Ellie's heart rate was at the 100 mark. She moved Birth Mom around a few ways, had no luck and went to call the doctor. Doctor said that we know what's causing it (sleeping & pain med) so to keep a close eye on it and it should improve in about an hour as the medication wears off. When your sedated and scared baby momma asks you to sit beside her and hold her hand... you do it.  She's in and out, still having contractions but oblivious to it. I'm hoping the rest she's getting now will be enough to get her through whatever the next day's holds. I called Drew and asked him to come back. I'm sad that he's having to physically remove a very nervous Toto and Foose from the house, but they can't stay inside alone. I sent Birth Mom's step mom a message to update her. 
Ellie's heart rate is hovering at a baseline of 100 and not dropping any further. I'm waiting for it to creep back up a little and then I will feel better.  That being said, I know she's okay and things are under control. Not sure this night will hold any sleep for me. 

No comments: