"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Saturday, 6:15am


We've been at the hospital for nearly 24 hours and the medication meant to dilate and thin out the cervix was first given about 20 hours ago. 
After I last posted last night, things calmed down some. Ellie seems to be doing fine and Birth Mom slept quite well once the intensity of the sleeping pill eased up. Drew and I fell asleep about 1:30am and I woke up about 5:30am when the nurse was starting the Pitocin (medication to really get contractions going). She also checked and Birth Mom is no more progressed than she was around 10 last night. (Still dilated to 1 and 70% effaced.) They are hoping the Pitocin gets things really going. We will see. It can't be doing too much right now because, while I can see some contractions on the monitor, Birth Mom is sleeping right through them. 
I don't know how the day will go, but I do know that baby can't stay in there forever! 

No comments: