"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, August 15, 2015

6 weeks

Miss Eleanor is 6 weeks old today and we can hardly believe it!  She's changed so much just in the last week.  She's not just spending time awake, she interacting with us.  Giving us more little smiles and finding her sweet little voice.  She's reaching for things, happy to spend a little while laying in her crib and watching the mobile (she seems to love the music) and... are you ready for the BIG one?  The last two nights she has gone 8 hours between feedings!  I'm not bragging, because I know it won't last forever, but I can't even tell you how much better I feel after getting a good stretch of sleep.  The pattern that we are falling in to is to give E a bath (she LOVES the water), put on fresh pajamas and give her last bottle of the night about 9pm.  She tends to stay awake (happily) for another hour or so and then Drew and I are in bed and asleep by 10:30ish.  She was sleeping 4-6 hours for that long stretch of the night (which I thought was pretty good), but the last two nights she didn't wake for another feeding until 4:30 or 5am... that's 8 hours!  She woke, had a diaper change and bottle and then went back to sleep until about 8:30am.  She makes up for long stretches of sleep by eating about every 2 hours during the day.  Praise God for sleep! 
Her next doctor appointment is on Monday and we are anxious to see what she weighs.  We weighed her at home a few days ago and she was about 8.5 pounds, but we will see what the doctor's scales say.  We know she's growing because she's suddenly filling out her newborn clothes.  Yesterday when I was getting her dressed for the day, we had to put the first newborn outfit in the 'outgrown' tub because she's too big!  The pajamas she wore last night are likely being worn for the last time because she fills them out a bit too well now.  We are moving on to the 0-3 months sizes now and I'm already feeling a bit sentimental about her growing so quickly. 
How about a few photos from the week? 
Smiles after bath time...

 I took my baby with me to get a pedicure on Tuesday, because my toes were scary.  She did great and my toes are good for another couple of weeks.  Also, my TEVA sandals are super cute and I was feeling quite granola that day... TEVA sandals, Recycle t-shirt, and wearing my baby. 
 Funny faces while talking to Mommy...

 Hanging with Daddy and feeling like a boss because NFL preseason has begun. 
 She was more interested in the ceiling fan than the camera, so Daddy joined in.  He cracks me up. 
A couple last things for now...
Drew's Aunt Paula has been receiving treatment for pancreatic cancer for the last few months.  This week she went in for what was supposed to be a Whipple procedure, but the cancer was around a major artery and they were not able to proceed.  Please keep her and her family in your prayers. 
I can't even believe I've waited this long to share this part, but I had to keep it a secret until Pat & Alex announced it publicly (which they did a few weeks ago, but I've been so distracted with my own baby that I forgot to share theirs with you).  Eleanor is going to have a cousin in January!  We are super excited for Pat & Alex and to have another baby in the Harris family! 

No comments: