"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

8 pounds 5 ounces

Woohoo!  Eleanor had her 6 week doctor appointment yesterday and she's up to 8 pounds 5 ounces and has grown another inch.  She's in the 10th percentile on the height and weight growth charts and got an overall great report from the doctor.  Maybe he tells all the parents this, but he just went on and on about how strong and alert and bright she is.  Drew and I had no arguments there!  We already know she's awesome, but it's nice to go to the doctor and get nothing but good news.  We got back in 6 weeks for another check up.  God is good. 
This was right before her first vaccines.  Sweet girl, didn't know what was coming and wasn't a fan of the shots at all.  My momma heart was aching for her painful screams and I was temporarily afraid that Drew might come to her rescue at the expense of the nurse holding the syringe!  
We all three survived the first round of vaccines, Drew went back to work and Eleanor and I went to check on Grandpa.  She's usually up for some great grandpa snuggles, but yesterday she just wanted her momma.  I wanted her snuggles, too.  
From Sunday...

 Nonnie  came over yesterday evening and Eleanor enjoyed some time sitting on the front porch with her. 
 Be still my heart... is that my husband weeding the flower beds? 
 Band aid legs from her vaccines :)
 Silly time with Mommy & Daddy.  She made silly faces...
 Drew made silly faces back...
 Eventually she just looked at us like we were nuts!  Sweet girl, you have no idea just how crazy your parents are!  Crazy about you! 

No comments: