"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Friday, August 14, 2015

Busy

It's been a busy week for me. I'm taking the time to blog from my phone right now while Eleanor sleep beside me. If it was legal (in the baby world) to let your baby sleep on her tummy then we'd be set. She loves this position. 
She's only laying like this right now because she's right beside me, so don't go giving me a lecture about how I should lay her on her back. I know this. 
I've been busy this week because I've had the privilege of redecorating the nursery at church. It hadn't been done since the building was completed about 6 (?) years ago and had become quite the hodge podge of hand-me-downs and smudges. It needed a fresh new take, Pastor Dixon asked me to do it and I was able to finally use the money given in Alex's memory for something really special at church. We bought a new crib, toys, books, Veggie Tales movies, a small TV/DVD combo, shelving, rockers and diapers. We even gave the room a fresh coat of paint (all but the original mural). I'm so happy with it and hope that everyone on Sunday will be, too. 
Before: 
After: 
Before: 
After: 
Before: 

After: 
I must thank Amanda for helping to paint, Carrie for being on baby E duty, Mollie for helping me haul the old out & new in, Drew for putting everything together, and Eleanor for being so patient. 
I also want to thank many of you. When Alex died we asked for gifts to the church instead of flowers. Many of you gave in her memory and I'm so thankful that those funds have been used to something that a whole new generation will use and enjoy. 

1 comment:

BethAnn said...

I LOVE the sleeping babe beside you - - feet between the cushions, where she can exercise her leg muscles pushing.

The nursery is beautiful! I hope many babies will be there to enjoy the new toys, books, and DVDs. Painting is work and you were so kind to give that and the special remembrances of Alex in this way.

Love it from Texas,
Beth Ann