"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Monday, August 3, 2015

Remember when?

Hey, remember when I used to sleep 8 hours a night? Or even 10 hours? Yeah, that was cool. Eleanor will be one month old tomorrow and the choppy sleep is catching up with me. If you have to interact with me for any reason, please be forgiving of my brain fog. 
Eleanor before church on Sunday, wearing the outfit chosen by Kayla... 
Potluck after church. Mrs. Peg finally got her hands on Eleanor! And Haley was pretty happy to see her, too. 

After such a late Saturday night (we stayed up way too late with Kyle's crew to watch the UFC fight that ultimately only lasted 34 seconds!) and less than restful sleep, I was super excited for a Sunday afternoon nap. We got home and... Foose (the black blog of sleeping dog in the floor)...
Toto & Mac... 
Drew (he was trying really hard to stay awake, but his heavy eyes were struggling)...
And the most important ingredient for mommy to get a nap? Eleanor. Wide awake and having nothing of a nap, of course.
We eventually got about and hour and a half of nap, which was vital to surviving a very fussy evening. 
Today was much better for Eleanor. She's staying awake longer periods at a time and I'm hoping that means I can get some good sleep tonight. 
Today we took Grandpa shopping and then did our own shopping. When we got home E had some tummy time on the quilt that her great granny Browers gave her. Emma would certainly have approved of the Minnie Mouse fabric! 
She hung out in the MamaRoo while I sorted through the multiple tubs of awesome hand-me-downs from Sophie... 
I've still got some sorting to do, but we are super excited to have so many clothes to grow in to. This organized mess is just a fraction of the loot! 
Just a few other pictures... 

And this evening has been nice and calm at home and now we are ready for bed! Well, at least mommy is. 

No comments: