"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

My cup

Eleanor hasn't felt great since her immunizations yesterday. Yesterday afternoon & evening she cried a good while and then slept a lot. Today she's been content, but not quite her perky self... Until about 20 minutes ago when she just started crying. Pitiful little cries. She didn't settle down with me and I noticed the look on Drew's face that said "I need my baby", so I offered her to him.  She immediately calmed down and snuggled in to him. The look of contentment on both of their faces as they rock is making my heart throb. Really, I'm on the verge of tears at the amount of love in this room. My cup runneth over.  

The doctor said we could/should start baby food at 4 months. 4 months! I had 6 months in my head, but he said that's more typical for breastfed babies and 4 months is more typical for formula babies. (Honestly, breastfeeding is something that I was very grateful to share with Alex & Emma and have really missed with Eleanor. Since that wasn't an option this time, I have been so grateful for the formula that nourishes her body and very happy that we made it a priority to be the only ones who fed her in the first couple of months as a way to establish attachment and bond with each other. But, I digress.)  4 months is one month away! Ahh! Slow this ride down! I do know that one sign she's ready to start some baby food is an interest in what we are eating. She's showed none of that so far, until tonight when Drew swore she was eyeballing my salad. 
 I'm going to give a go at making our own baby food when the time comes. I love the idea of feeding E real, whole foods. Not footing the bill for packaged & processed baby food is also appealing.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do make your own food!! Its so easy! Invest in a good food processor like a Baby bullet or a nutri bullet! Those really make the texture smooth! :)