"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Monday, September 28, 2015

Peanuts

Have you seen the thing on Facebook where you can turn yourself into a Peanuts character? An evening last week  while relaxing on the couch... 
Me: (giggles) I'm only a little embarrassed that I just spent the last 5 minutes making a Mandy Peanuts character. (Shows Drew) 
Drew: (laughs) give it to me, ill make one for you (shows me what he pictures me as, pointing out the black & white polka dot shoes that I really would wear in real life)  
We both laugh and then Drew takes my phone back... Then reveals this, claiming it's what I look like when I wake up in the morning. 
I laughed uncontrollably because it's so true... When my crazy curly hair has taken over during the night, I haven't found my glasses yet and the only smile I can muster is a tad bit evil & 99.9% grumpy. 
Eleanor didn't come from my body, but God has given her a few traits that could have easily come from me. Unfortunately, one of them is waking up slowly and grumpily. Kyle & Misty got her a onesie from their trip to Red River. It says "I'm a Bear in the Morning" and it's all too appropriate. 
Thankfully, she cheers up once she's had some time to wake up. 
I told you I was going to make intentional excercise a priority in my life again. My first week back at it was a success and my mood is already improved. We are all three combatting allergy congestion, so sometimes I have to say no to a walk/jog around the neighborhood (despite the lovely fall temperatures) and settle for the treadmill and some Netflix. Yesterday I left Eleanor & Drew to watch football downstairs to do just that. This is what I found 45 minutes later... 
Oh, the funny faces this kid makes. 

No comments: