"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Traveler

I decided that I needed a change of scenery and that the weather was too pretty to stay home, so we planned a quick trip to Branson.  We packed a bag and loaded up Friday afternoon. 
Instead of taking our normal route, we punched our destination in to the navigation system and let it lead the way. Oops. SO curvy that I can't even describe it. Have I mentioned that I get car sick? Eleanor did AMAZING, Drew drove with care and I didn't throw up. It felt like a major victory just to get there! 
E had her first visit to Bass Pro Shop...
We walked The Landing by the river and had dinner at Joe's Crab Shack. Drew was less than thrilled that I had to take pictures, but I thought it was funny because while he wore the mandatory bib... 
While I wore my baby... 
Yeah, that's right. Add eating crab legs to the list of things this momma can do while wearing her baby! FYI, E woke up flhalf way through my dinner, so Drew finished cracking my crab legs for me so I could feed her. We're a team :-)
I'm not ashamed to say that we stopped at Krispy Kreme on the way back to the hotel. Okay, I'm a little ashamed to say it, but we declared it a mini-vacation & judgement free zone. 
Eleanor was awesome all day and then just enjoyed kicking back and hanging out. 
Saturday morning we got up and around and we're ready to do some outlet shopping. Looking pretty in purple... 
Less than 30 minutes in to our shopping adventure, someone had a blowout. Sorry for the over sharing, by why do those things always happen in public? I had to bag her outfit and redress her in the extra that I keep in the diaper bag. She wasn't thrilled. 
We made the rounds to our favorite stores and then headed home (taking the familiar and much straighter route home!).  We had a great time and I was so impressed with how well Elenaor did on her first little road trip. That being said, I can't even imagine going on a long road trip with her right now. 2 hours was plenty for this momma. 
I got up with E early this morning and then Drew took her so I could sleep uninterrupted for a bit.  Next thing I knew, it was 11am! I hate that we missed church, but that sleep sure was wonderful.  We are enjoying a Sunday at home and getting a few things done around the house. 

2 comments:

Jessica McMullen said...

I like the last picture because it looks like she's sorry but then not sorry...about the blowout. :)

Jessica McMullen said...

I like the last picture because it looks like she's sorry but then not sorry...about the blowout. :)