"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Friday, October 9, 2015

On Purpose

Eleanor is entertaining us tonight as she lays in the little gym and kicks her legs to rattle the toys... on purpose. She's not just accidentally hitting them anymore, she's doing it with intention and Drew & I are marveling at her. Really, it feels like she learning something new every day. 
On Wednesday evening I went to the Fayetteville  Public Library and met Carrie & Mollie to hear Lois Lowry speak. I remember reading her books when I was young (thanks to my Grandma Browers) and I very much enjoyed hearing her speak. I read the Anastasia books when I was young, but many may know her from her book The Giver (required reading for 6th graders now & recently made into a movie by Jeff Bridges).  Anyway, Lois was so spunky and honest and it was refreshing. A girls night with Carrie & Mollie was nice, too. 
While I was off partying hard at the library, Drew & Eleanor had a night in. E especially loves it when Drew sings, so I think they spent a good deal of time with him singing and her smiling and singing along. These are the pics he took of their evening. 
At the baseball park with Misty & Kayla, watching Braeden play...
Kayla just got glasses and I wish I had gotten a better picture of how cute she is in them. She's still pretty darn cute holding my ever growing baby. 
And just a few other pics...

No comments: