"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Harris Thanksgiving

On Friday we had Drew's family to our home for Thanksgiving.  Dottie came early to help me prepare (Drew had an appointment at the VA, so it would have been just me & Eleanor getting things ready for the family gathering).  I'm not sure how I got through the first half of the day without ever taking a photo of Nonnie or our cooking mess, but I did.  Finally, everyone else arrived. 
Alex is fabulously pregnant and her baby bump (whose name is Corbin!) is adorable. 
 It was a cold & rainy day, but the view through our back windows was still lovely.  JR was keeping a close eye on the dogs in the backyard. 
 Pat's apple pie came with the top cut out in squirrels. 
 Eleanor, Alison & John
 Jessica, Jason & JR
 After dinner Drew convinced Pat to help him pull out the new Christmas tree.  It's new to us, but was bough second hand and we were told that the lights didn't work.  We were hoping a miracle could be performed to make the lights work, but no such luck.  Thanks for trying, boys. 
 Eleanor & Uncle Jason
 I can't help it, I had to have another picture of Alex & her baby Corbin bump.  (and I just noticed that Eleanor & Larry are photo bombing in the background!  Oh, Larry!) 
 The tree is large and was taking up too much room, so JR just crawled underneath. 
 Family photo with the whole gang.  Yes, Pat is wearing my baby.  He was getting a Moby wrap lesson from me & there's no better practice than a real baby, which I just happen to have! 
 I thought I could catch John & Dottie for a photo with all three of their kiddos, but it didn't go according to plan.  Pat was still wearing Eleanor, JR was ready with a shining smile & I don't even know what is going on with Jessica & John's expressions.  A+ for effort? 
It was a full day and I ate SO much.  No, really.  I ate SO much.  I'm sure every person in Drew's family was tired of hearing me complain about how full I was, but I couldn't help it.   Lunch was so yummy that I over did it.  Then there was cheesecake.  Then there was pie.  Oh my goodness.  I was so full it was nearly painful.  Thank goodness for stretchy waistbands! 

No comments: