"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Three

Today is the last day I will have a three month old.  Tomorrow Eleanor will be four months old.  I can hardly believe it.  I've got a few photos on the good camera, so I figured I best share them now so that Eleanor's four month pictures won't have to share the spot light tomorrow. 
The sunset on Sunday was so beautiful that I had to try and capture it.  It's never possible, of course, to really capture such a thing in a photo.  It really was breathtaking. 
 This little girl sure does love her daddy. 

 Practicing calling the Hogs. 

 Poor old Toto
 Mac
 Foose.  I'm sure there's a way to get rid of the glowing eyes, but I'm not sure what it is. 
 On Sunday night the Royals won the World Series.  We've been rooting for them all along and Eleanor was fully participating in rooting them on to their first Series win in 30 years.  The hat was a bit big, though. 
 The rally cap to get the team pumped up was effective and adorable, if I do say so myself. 
Drew's in Canada for work this week.  He's spending his days in meetings & then eating fancy dinners with co-workers while I'm hanging out with Eleanor and eating leftover cheese dip from the weekend.  I think I win that battle. 
We close on the old house next Tuesday and that will be such a relief to have it sold.  It is a bit emotional, but having had time to move out and move on has helped in the process.  It's just a house, but it was also our home for 10 years.  That being said, it is no longer our home and I'm glad to pass the house on to the next person.  Did I already share the last photo we took there?  When the front concrete patio was poured in 2010 so that we could get Alex & Emma's wheel chairs in & out of the house, I wrote our names in it.  When we went a few weeks ago to move the boat and get the last of the things from the garage, we paused for this picture. 
The new owner could easily paint over Alex & Emma's height marks on their bedroom door frame, but he will have a hard time ever getting rid of our mark in the concrete.  The Harris Family was there and we loved it.  That's for sure.  


No comments: