"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, December 24, 2015

80

Today, Christmas Eve, was my Grandpa's 80th birthday. We met Kyle's crew at Grandpa's for a birthday lunch to celebrate and traded traditional birthday cake for a birthday pecan pie. He enjoyed having everyone there for a bit and ate more food in one sitting than I've seen him do in ages! 
I was trying to be cool, but I may just be a bad influence because I bought Grandpa scratch off tickets as a gift. He scratched at those things forever and still didn't win a thing. Bummer. 
I can never get Grandpa to look at the camera because he can't take his eyes off Eleanor! 
This evening we went to our church's candlelight service and then back home for a bath in Eleanor's new ducky tub...
...and then Christmas pajamas.
Drew helped Eleanor keep an eye on the Santa tracker online. 
Larry helped.
And Drew modeled his new moose mug as if he were Cousin Eddie in the flesh. (And if you don't know what that mean then I'm afraid we can't be friends!) 

1 comment:

Mrs. C said...

Love those moose mugs!!!! I'm in Charlotte visiting family... their Christmas
Eve tradition is watching Cousin Eddie et al. They want to know where you
got those mugs??? Aunt Becky