"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Friday, January 1, 2016

Road trip

Drew, Eleanor & I have made a road trip to see Casey's crew. They've been in the Oklahoma panhandle for nearly a year and we had yet to come visit them. Now that they are settled into their own place and Eleanor is a bit older, we decided it was well time we made the trip. I was a bit nervous about a 7 hour trip with a nearly 6 month old, but I have to say that my kid is a rock star. She was fabulous! Larry was lots of help. 
We nearly waited too long to stop for gas (there's not much out here!) and wound up at a country gas station with the SLOWEST pumps ever. I'm not joking. My vehicle holds 15 gallons and we were near complete empty. It took 24 minutes to fill up. 24 minutes for 15 gallons. The workers were zero help, we needed gas, there weren't any other options for miles, and so... We took the opportunity to feed Eleanor & laugh at the situation. 
On the road again...
I did wind up sitting in the back seat to keep Eleanor company. 
Quick stop at Sonic for lunch & to get Eleanor out of her seat for a bit. 
Sleeping baby snuggling Mommy's hand (and Larry)...
Our awesome kid made an 8 hour road trip with only one crying spell that lasted all of two minutes. Yes, I'm bragging. I'm just so grateful and we had such a great trip on a day when our hearts couldn't help but remember that Alex has now been gone for two years. 
And then, we arrived! Aunt Sasha was SO happy to see this girl! 
Tessa & Payson gave Baby Ellie (they will probably call her that for the rest of her life even though we call her Eleanor) a few belated Christmas gifts and opened a few of their own. 
Tessa just can't get enough. She loves her little cousin and is great with her. 
Good luck getting all three kids to look at the camera at the same time! Eleanor is giving me a look in this one. 
We visited a while, went to dinner together and then checked in to our hotel for the night.   
We'll head back to Casey's in the morning and enjoy the day together before we head back home on Sunday.  

No comments: