"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Big girl stuff

Eleanor has had a few days of doing big girl stuff. You know... play dates, eating veggies, lunch dates and a parade. 
Heidi, Sophie & Silas came over Friday and it was so good to see them. It had been too long. Silas still has fantastic hair and Eleanor still has silly facial expressions. 
While Heidi was here, I tricked her in to giving me feeding advice for Eleanor. Just kidding, I didn't trick her, it's just a benefit of having a friend who is a speech therapist. She not only did language therapy with Alex & Emma for years, but she also does feeding therapy. My biggest worry about being a momma to Eleanor is about feeding. It's a silly thing to worry about with a healthy & typically developing baby, but my previous experience in feeding babies solid food was anything but typical and I just want to do what's best for Eleanor. We were making good progress with eating solid foods until she really started teething and then she lost interest and refused even the things she liked. Heidi helped me see that: 1) Eleanor is ready for more than just puréed foods 2) there's a balance between encouraging her to try new things and pushing too hard.  
"Strip her down and let her try to feed herself," Heidi said. 
Well, we did and it was adorable and messy. She's refused peas up to this point. I'm not sure she ingested much last night, but it was less stressful and more fun. 
Tonight she had green beans for the first time and it went pretty well. I put a little on her high chair tray for her while I spoon fed her. It was a little messy, but I consider 6 or 7 bites of blended (but still lumpy) green beans to be a success. 
We visited Pat & Alex today and saw baby Corbin again. I was too busy loving that baby to take many pictures, just this one with Pat while Drew was holding Corbin. 
We met Dottie for lunch. I had suggested Hugo's on the square in Fayetteville because it's so yummy and we don't eat there often. It was SO busy and loud and then we realized why. When we left there was a Mardi Gras parade starting. Dottie was parked where she could get out, but since we couldn't move our car until it was over, we stayed for the parade. I've never been to a Mardi Gras parade and it was quite interesting. We laughed so much because of all the interesting characters involved. Wow! It was fun, though, because we never would have planned to attend such a thing on our own. 
Eleanor was most interested in people's dogs and the beads. 
Being silly at home tonight. Yep, wearing her pants like a hat and she thought it was so funny (so did I). 
Mac will be in trouble when Eleanor becomes mobile. 

1 comment:

Becky Hogan said...

Love the pictures!!! Beginning of a comedy team... Ellie & Silas
Love, Aunt Becky