"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, April 9, 2016

36

It's official. As of Thursday, I'm 36 years old. 
On our way home Wednesday, we stopped at Eskimo Joe's in Stillwater. We said it was for my birthday, but that was just a good excuse. When I was a kid I remember friends having Eskimo Joe's t-shirts and I always wanted one. (even though I wasn't 100% sure what Eskimo Joe's was. Lol)  Being so close to Stillwater on our trip home was the perfect opportunity. Now I've been there, done that, and even got a t-shirt! It's a fun restaurant and I'm glad we went. Eleanor was in awe. 
Yummy burger & fries. 
Other birthday fun...
Alex & Corbin brought me beautiful farmer's market flowers. 
Jessica delivered yummy homemade cupcakes. 
Our new bedroom furniture was delivered and I officially feel like a real grown up. 
We waited until Eleanor was asleep for the night then we splurged and used NWA Delivery to order Red Lobster for a special birthday dinner (which I ate on the couch in my pajamas!). 
On Friday we spent the afternoon in the backyard where Drew built me two raised garden beds for vegetable gardening! It was a beautiful day and we had a great time. 
Before:
After! 
Now for the dirt and I'll be ready to plant in a few weeks! 
Kyle got a Harley while we were out of town. Eleanor is digging it. Is this the definition of "biker babe"? 
Late birthday dinner at Monte Ne with my (younger) birthday buddies: Neil, Allison & Carly
 And I still have a birthday lunch with Mom to look forward to next week! Birthdays aren't so bad :-) 

No comments: