"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Vacation: Part 2 (the rest of it)

We made it home from Casey's on Wednesday evening.  It's taken me this long to sit down and share the photos from my camera. 
The lambs. Oh my goodness.  Cuteness overload.  (Practical note: Casey uses the sheep to train his stock dogs, they aren't just there for my viewing pleasure.)
 This is Cat (the dog).  She's the gentlest, most patient animal I've ever met.
 Sasha & I put the kids in the wagon on Monday and went for a walk down the dirt road. 
 Tessa will be 4 next month.  When I brought that up she protested that she doesn't want to turn 4, she wants to stay 3.  I hear ya, girl. 
 I think you guys know this pretty girl. 

 Gosh, the weather was so beautiful on Monday, we spent practically the entire day outside.  Sasha & Eleanor...
 Drew had the great idea to get Tessa & Payson kites.  Even on a calm day, the panhandle is windy.  Monday was perfect.  Once we got both kites in the air it was all smiles until Payson let go of his and the wind carried it away.  We got lucky and it crashed into the fence right before it crossed the highway.  I'm the one the chased it (yeah, I'm a hero).  I'm also the one who got to untangle the string while Payson waited not so patiently. 
Tessa loved it! 
 Tessa's was Elsa & Anna from Frozen. 
Payson's was Iron Man.  
 
 Payson & Sasha
 Casey & Payson
 Tessa, Sasha, Casey & Payson
 This is Duck (the dog).  I'm not even sure how old he is (maybe 10?), but in working dog years, he's an old man.  He's a beautiful Catahoula and has been through a lot with Casey. 
 Tuesday was so windy that we pretty well had to stay inside with the kids all day.  20-30 mph sustained winds. 
"Where's Eleanor?"
 "Peek-a-boo!"
 And the dust storm rolling in.  I think these pictures are better than the ones I snapped with my phone.  It was menacing and pretty awesome. 


 On the way home on Wednesday we kept passing these beautiful yellow fields.  I had to Google what they were and all it took was "yellow fields in Oklahoma" to find out that this is canola.  As in canola oil.  The wheat farmers here have taken to planting some seasons to strengthen their wheat crops in other seasons. 
 I thought it would be a great idea to take photos in these fields, but Drew was opposed to trespassing.  He's such a dud.  Haha.  So I took a picture of this smiling girl with the canola fields in the background as we drove down the highway.  She made the trip home like a rock star! 

No comments: