"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Kooky

Daddies are magic. Eleanor's Daddy is, anyway. Remember her refusal to even try the sippy cup? I offer it daily and she throws it over the side of the high chair daily. Yesterday at dinner I filled her cup with apple juice, but instead of handing it straight to her to throw on the floor, I gave it to Drew and said, "Hey Daddy, I made you this apple juice!" He took it without skipping a beat, actually took a sip and made yummy noises before asking Eleanor if she would like some. I'll be darned if she didn't pick it up with a smile and spend the next 10 minutes happily working on sipping. He's magic. 
Building block towers with Daddy. 
We took a walk this evening and made a stop at the playground to swing & slide a while. 
The wavy slide. Let's be real, I was just thankful to find that my bum fit. 
Know what? Wavy slides are less wavy and more bumpy. I laughed so hard. 
"The twisty slide? Really mom? Are you sure this is a good idea?" 
Twisty slides are complicated. We did it, but I think Eleanor was less than impressed. Also, Drew said, "I think you're smothering her." For the record, I wasn't. 
I really love how Eleanor is looking at me in this picture. I'd like to think that she's thinking, "these people are a little kooky, but they sure do love me."  If she grows up believing that then we will have done our jobs.