"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Lovely

Lovely. It was just a lovely weekend all around. 
Drew & I have decided that we are interested in learning more about wine (and drinking it!). We enjoyed our wine tasting party with Kyle & Misty last weekend and so yesterday we went and bought a few bottles for ourselves. The staff at the Wine Shoppe were very helpful and didn't make us feel silly for knowing so little. A trip to the butcher for some steaks and we had the makings of a lovely evening on the back porch. Just lovely. 
It was a little chilly, so Eleanor wore her new hog hat from Esther. Oh, the cuteness! 
No lovely dinner is complete without Eleanor and no place setting is complete without a Clifford book. 
A couple hours on the back porch, one of the best steaks I've ever eaten (kudos to Drew), and a but of wine later... 
Eleanor is getting quite proficient with this crawling thing... and pulling up to get in to new things. I can't even count the number of times we've said "Uh oh" in the last week. 
Before church this morning
Nothing better than a Sunday afternoon nap in Mommy & Daddy's bed. 
And then a little bit of wagon time, of course. 
Lovely. Simply a lovely weekend. 

4 comments:

Becky Hogan said...

I've zoomed in 200% on that wine label & still can't tell what kind of wine. What did the Wine Shop start you on? Tell me it's not Boone's Farm!!! Aunt Becky

Jessica McMullen said...

Great pictures!!!!

Jessica McMullen said...

Great pictures!!!!

Courtney said...

She's getting so big! My baby is one month older than your Eleanor. We have a similar fireplace/hearth and we bought some cushion-y edging off of Amazon to stick on ours. I think it's saved us some bumps and bruises. He can pull it off, but after a few times of redirecting him, he no longer messes with it. It comes in a few different colors too. Just thought I would pass on the info.