"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Inside

Eleanor and I are having an inside afternoon. It's hot outside, she's been fussy, and we are both appreciating a cool & quiet afternoon in the playroom playing with toys and watching Netflix. 
We had friends over for dinner last night and my dinner was worth reporting on. I made Misty's yummy lasagna recipe and then for dessert I made blueberry crumble. We've been eating fresh blueberries and banana blueberry smoothies for a week, but this blueberry crumble was worth writing home... Or blogging about. Here's a link to the recipe. It's easy and delicious. Oh, and serve it with vanilla ice cream.  It is NOT weight watchers friendly, but it is delicious. It's fairly large, so if you're only feeding 4 or 5 people, halving the recipe would still make plenty. 
Eleanor needed entertaining while I was preparing dinner (and Drew was still working), so I gave her full access to the Tupperware cabinet. 
Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. 

2 comments:

Becky Hogan said...

I'd love to taste that yummy recipe for Blueberry Crisp...
Makes that blueberry picking not so hot & sweaty work!!!

Courtney said...

I'm going to have to check out the recipe. If you are on the hunt for another blueberry recipe, I recommend Pioneer Woman's blueberry crumb cake. So yummy! My son just turned 1 earlier this month and I let him play with a roll of bath tissue. It was messy but sometimes a quiet/entertained tot is more important than a mess!